If you lost your phone then don’t worry Apple offers a way to find our lost iPhones, iPads, and Macs and it’s called Find My.
Find My app is free of cost. This build-in app on all Macs running macOS 10.15 Catalina or later. You can open it by using Spotlight and searching for “Find My,” or from the Applications folder. Both methods will work just fine.
How to Use Find My to Locate a Missing iPhone, iPad, or Mac, from MacOS
All you need to do is:
- Open the “Find My” application on Mac.
- Then tap the “Devices” tab in the left-hand pane.
- You’ll see a full list of all of your devices, including iPads, iPhones, and Macs.
You’ll also see other devices that are signed into the Apple IDs of anyone who is part of your family, too. For example.
Now here’s how to use FindMy on the Mac to find a lost device:
- Just click the buttons across the bottom of the window to change the map view. You can choose either Hybrid, Map or Satellite.
- Now click a device to see its location on the map.
- Click the +/- buttons to zoom in and out you can also click the “3D” button to change the map’s perspective.
Interacting with the Missing Device via FindMy
Once you have selected the device that you want to locate, you have a few options.
Right-click the device’s and choose one of the following options:
This plays an audible sound on the device to find a lost phone.
This provides directions from your current location to the last place the device appeared online.
This option marks a device as lost. The device will be locked and you can provide contact information that will be displayed when the device is found.
This is the nuclear option and will completely remove a lost device. This should only be done if the data is so important it cannot be allowed to be accessed.
How to Enable “Find My Mac” On a Mac
Hey, do you want to enable it? Let me show you how you can turn on the FindMy feature on that computer:
- At first, Click the Apple logo in the menu bar and tap “System Preferences.”
- Then tap on your Apple ID and then click “iCloud/”
- Check the box beside “Find My Mac.”
How to Enable “Find My iPhone / iPad” on an iPhone or iPad
Want to be able to locate and find a lost iPhone or iPad? Here’s how you can enable the Find My feature on those devices:
- On the Settings app and tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap “FindMy”.
- Switch “Share My Location” to the “On” position.
You can also enable “Send Last Location” so even if the device’s battery is out the last known location of that device can still be shared.
Make sure you can’t enable this feature once you’ve lost your device, so enable it ahead of time.
Make sure you can also access and activate the Find My iPhone / Mac / iPad tracking features from the web with iCloud.com. It lets you use another device to locate your missing devices if you don’t have another of your own handy.
The “Find My” feature set is amazing, and something every iPhone, iPad, and Mac user should have enabled and using on their device.
Have you ever lost your phone and if so did Find My works? Share your experience with us in the comment section below!
Also Read: The latest “in-app” conversations protected by ChatLock jailbreak