In today’s world, day and age notifications mostly end up becoming an obstacle rather than convenience. This is mainly because they can end up being persistent distractions. Android and iOS have tried to combat this using Digital Wellbeing and Screen Time respectively. But what if I tell you that there is a better way to manage your notifications? In this article, I’m gonna tell you about Filter Notification based on a word.
The Filter box, a comprehensive notification manager, that can dismiss, recover and also filter your notifications at the same time. You can filter your notifications based on a specific phrase or a word, that makes it easier to hide notifications. Containing OTP and other sensitive data from your device’s notification shade. You can also filter them based on contact names as well as application names which can make it easier for you to stay away from distractions and concentrate more on your work.
Filter Notification based on word
- Download the Filter box app from the Play Store. Open the application after it has been installed on your device
- Tap on ‘Filter’ at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on the ‘+’ at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Now you can also fill in the different details depending on the type of filter that you want to create. Let’s take a look at the different fields that you can use to your advantage.
- Rule name: Type in your wished name for this particular rule in order to make it easily identifiable.
- App selection menu: Specify a particular category of applications that this filter will be implemented on. You can also select from 3rd party apps, system apps or system services.
- Search apps menu: Using this field you can search and select some apps in order to create app-specific rules for your notifications. This way you can dismiss notifications for applications or snooze them periodically depending on your preference.
- Text drop-down menu: Using this menu you can specify text phrases and words that can be used to filter out your notifications. You will be using this field to filter out messages with the word OTP in them. You can also use Regex fields to filter out your messages in case you want to refine the protocol further or not.
- Action drop-down menu: This drop-down menu decides what happens to your filtered notifications. You can either decide for them to get dismissed or mute them.
- Force mute while dismissing: This is an extreme option that can be used in case the Dismiss setting fails to mute notifications for you. In the rare case, you still keep hearing notification sounds despite them being dismissed, you can use this option.
- To create a rule to dismiss notifications that contain a given word (OTP in our example here). You need to select ‘From any apps’ in the drop-down menu.
- Now select ‘Contain text’ in the next drop-down menu.
- Now select ‘Dismiss’ as your option and tap on ‘Save’ in the bottom right-hand corner.
Your notifications containing the word ‘OTP’ will now be dismissed automatically.
Note: If you want to keep Filterbox running in the background. Then you will have to grant it notification access and autostart permissions.
Filter boxes will now start filtering your messages with the word OTP in them. This should give you enhanced privacy and security by revoking OTP access from the notifications in the notification shade.
What words to use to dismiss notifications automatically
You can choose any other word, a contact name, bank account number, bank’s name, or anything else. That is common in any notifications you want not to appear in the notifications shade.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you like this Filter Notification based on word article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback about it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Create Graphs & Charts in Keynote on Mac